May I take photos?
- You are free to take photographs in the Museum or other historic buildings for which we offer tours. However, to protect the privacy of Veterans Affairs employees and patients, photography in all other areas is prohibited without the permission of the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Can the museum tell me how much my object is worth?
- The museum is not licensed to provide appraisals.
How is the museum funded?
- Please note that although we are located on federal property, we receive NO funding from the Veterans Administration - we operate entirely "out of our own pockets" and with the help of unpaid volunteers. Therefore, donations are both welcome and necessary for our continued operation.
Is there a café at the museum?
- There are no food facilities of any sort at the Museum, but there is a cafeteria in the VA Medical Center that is open weekdays between 10AM and 2PM. For small tour groups, you can also bring a sack lunch and eat in our meeting room. While we do not specifically prohibit food and drink in the museum, we do insist that nothing be placed on top of the display cases e.g. sodas, cups of coffee, water bottles, etc.
Does the museum loan uniforms, helmets, field gear etc. for parties or Halloween?
- No. The Museum's mission is to preserve our veterans history - for uniforms suitable for your needs, we suggest using eBay, yard/garage sales, or checking with your local thrift stores.
Does the museum need volunteers? What kind of help is needed?
- The Museum needs all types of volunteers - especially docents. Docents are guides who greet visitors and show them around. As little as one day a week for 3 hours, either in the morning or the afternoon would be helpful to us. Those not as comfortable with public contact can find plenty to do behind the scenes. Volunteers are needed to help plan and stage events, conduct Veterans History Project interviews, and generally keep the museum in shape for day to day operations.
If you would like more information, please call us at 937-267-7629 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © Miami Valley Military History Museum